Deadline: 1 June 2016
Open to: everyone interested in ethnic minorities, refugees, multiculturalism and related topics
Venue: 15-17 September 2016, Bolyai University, Cluj – Napoca, Romania
This conference intends to provide an interdisciplinary space for various perspectives and approaches which try understand, explain and offer solutions to these contemporary processes. It aims to create a fruitful exchange of ideas that could address the simultaneous challenges faced by the European continent with respect to the mobilization of ethnic minorities and anti-minority discourse.
The organizers encourage three types of papers:
- Theoretical (firmly grounded in general concepts and theories);
- Methodological (addressing problems of measurement);
- Empirical (seeking to understand and explain mechanisms and processes).
Applicants are invited to submit papers covering one of the following topics, but not limited to:
- Theories related to the mobilization of ethnic groups, both autochtonous and migration generated;
- Patterns of mobilization in the case of ethnic migrants and autochtonous minorities;
- Determinants of associative behavior of migrants in European countries;
- Group mobilization and individual-level participation in the case of migrants;
- The impact of minority mobilization as reflected in host-states.
- For details on the context and the conference topics, you can access the official call for papers HERE.
How to apply?
The organizers welcome individual paper submissions as well as proposals for full panels (5 papers). Each paper proposal must include: the author’s name, affiliation, an abstract of max 250 words. All proposals should be submitted by 1 June 2016 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any stage throughout the process, you are welcome to contact the organizers at: email@example.com.
All proposals will undergo rigorous selection by the Selection Committee. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 20 June 2016. All presenters will be required to submit full papers by 25 August 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.