The “Armenian Association of Social Workers” non-governmental organization (hereafter AASW) announces a competition for the selection of the individual Consultant (IT Consultant) to implement the “Development of Referral Protocols for Key Service Providers” (Development Social Workers’ MIS, initial phase) assignment within the framework of the “Promoting Social Inclusion and Self-Reliant Livelihood Activities in Armenia” Project (hereinafter Project).
The main objective of this consultancy is to support the implementation of the Project Component-1 (Development and implementation of a pilot counselling program) activities related to the: i. Development/revision and testing of tools for social workers (hereinafter SW), ii. Incorporation of referral protocols for key service providers (to be defined by other members of the team implementing Component-1) as a part of the software for the Management Information System (hereinafter MIS).
The assignment will be implemented in November 2020 – January 2021 period.
Scope of work
The Consultant on Development of Social Workers’ MIS development (IT Consultant) shall be responsible for the provision of technical assistance to the Project team in ensuring the compliance and effective implementation of tasks related to the development MIS for social workers (MIS for SWs) and incorporation in the MIS of referral protocols for key service providers in accordance of the Project Operational Manual.
The above-mentioned tasks shall be carried out within the framework of a Service Contract concluded between the contracting body (Armenian Association of Social Workers) and the Consultant. The Contract will be signed over the period between November 2020 and January 2021 for a total of 12 working days.
The IT Consultant will have duties and responsibilities including the following:
- In cooperation with the team of consultants working on development/revision of tools for social workers study existing IT tools currently applied by social workers and referral protocols for key service providers and provide recommendations for the development of MIS for case management.
- Participate in meetings with MLSA representatives and other stakeholders to discuss the developed recommendations for MIS for social workers
- Develop terms of reference for MIS for SWs which should be agreed with MLSA.
The IT Consultant should satisfy the following qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in computer science, information technologies or a related field;
- At least 5 years of working experience related to the IT (MIS) tools design and/or development;
- Capacity to develop term of references for IT tools;
- Experience of IT tool development activities in the social sector (is an advantage);
- Experience of IT development activities with international organizations and/or projects (is an advantage);
- Understanding of existing IT tools for social protection system of Armenia (is an advantage),
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian, working level knowledge of English (verbal/writing);
The project is expected to help increase access to social assistance benefits and services and provide self-employment support to about 11,000 vulnerable members of society in urban and rural communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. The Project grant was received under the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) which is financed by the Government of Japan. The Project Grant Agreement was signed on May 6, 2020 (for details click here)
The project has been designed by the World Bank in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MLSA) of Armenia and will be implemented by the Association of Social Workers – a non-governmental, not-for-profit national professional representative body of social workers in Armenia. The JSDF was established by the Government of Japan and the World Bank as a mechanism to provide direct assistance to the poorest and most vulnerable groups in eligible World Bank countries. The aim is to enhance their capacities, strengthen their empowerment and participation in society and economic life.
All interested candidates meeting the above-listed requirements are requested to submit their letters of interest and CVs to the e-mail address below until October 30, 2020.
Please clearly indicate the title of the position (IT Consultant) in the subject line of the e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Tel: (374 93) 514499 (for questions and clarifications)