LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: With the financial support of OSCE, Fund for Armenian Relief Children’s Support Centre is currently seeking to hire a Juvenile expert to make National Strategy and Action Plan on Juvenile Crime Prevention reflecting current legal language and context.
- Review the draft of strategy plan on Juvenile Crime Prevention with lawyers, juvenile expert and social expert
- ensure that the document properly addresses the current reforms on Integrated Social Services and De-institionalization of children
- closely work with working group members to receive feedback finalizing the strategy plan
- represent the influence of the reforms on juvenile crime prevention by speaking about international and national experience of preventing juvenile crime prevention during 2-day training in Gyumri and Berd.
Juvenile expert’s service is anticipated for 32 days, including 2 days’ work as a trainer in Gyumri and Berd.
- Finalized National Strategy and Action Plan on Juvenile Crime Prevention in cooperation with lawyers and social expert
- Developed outline for capacity building meetings on current 2 reforms (Integrated Social Services and De-institionalization of children) in cooperation with lawyers and social expert
- Higher education, preferably in Law/Social Sciences;
- Professional work experience in juvenile justice field;
- Excellent knowledge of the criminal law, juvenile justice;
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of the MS Office package;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages;
- Good communication skills;
- Team working and time management skills.
All interested and qualified candidates are welcomed to send their CVs in English language email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject field of the message.
OPENING DATE: 20 June 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07 July 2016
ABOUT PROJECT: The overall goal of the Project is to contribute to the efforts of policy-makers to adopt sound legislation and policy papers and to promote changes in legislation and practice corresponding to child-friendly justice standards and recommendation of the HR monitoring bodies.