LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: With the financial support of OSCE, Fund for Armenian Relief Children’s Support Center is currently seeking to hire a lawyer to make National Strategy and Action Plan on Juvenile Crime Prevention reflecting current legal language and context.
- Study existing strategy plan and evaluate its cohesion with the current legal context;
- Contribute to new draft strategy plan in accordance with legal context and in appropriate legal language;
- Work with Working Group to understand gaps and necessary revisions in draft strategy plan;
- Finalize draft strategy plan with Working Group;
- Present integrated strategy plan to government representatives at public hearing;
- Develop outline with cooperation of juvenile and social experts
- Conduct training sessions during capacity building meetings.
Lawyer’s service is anticipated for 32 days, including 2 days’ work as a trainer in Gyumri and Berd.
- Finalized National Strategy and Action Plan on Juvenile Crime Prevention in cooperation with juvenile and social experts
- Developed outline for capacity building meetings on current 2 reforms (Integrated Social Services and De-institionalization of children) in cooperation with juvenile and social experts
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Law;
- Professional work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the criminal law, juvenile justice;
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of the MS Office package;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages;
- Good communication skills;
- Team working and time management skills.
All interested and qualified candidates are welcomed to send their CVs in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title in the subject field of the message.
OPENING DATE: 20 June 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07 July 2016
ABOUT PROJECT: The overall goal of the Project is to contribute to the efforts of policy-makers to adopt sound legislation and policy papers and to promote changes in legislation and practice corresponding to child-friendly justice standards and recommendation of the HR monitoring bodies.