Consultant on Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign
Project Communication and PR, main phase
The “Armenian Association of Social Workers” non-governmental organization (hereafter AASW) announces a competition for the selection of the “Consultant on Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign (Project Communication and PR, main phase)” assignment within the framework of the “Promoting Social Inclusion and Self-Reliant Livelihood Activities in Armenia” Project (hereinafter Project).
The main objective of this consultancy is to lead the design and implementation of the Project beneficiary outreach activities and Project communication campaign, specifically to provide efficient implementation of 1) beneficiary outreach campaign (townhall and community meetings, information sessions, communication with project target beneficiaries, etc.) 2) policy-level and project implementation communication campaign (conferences, round-table discussions, closing event, communication with mass media, etc.).
The assignment will be implemented in February 2021 – June 2023 period.
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (PM), who will act on behalf of the Client, the Consultant on Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign (PR Consultant) shall be responsible for the provision of technical assistance to the Project team for the design and implementation of effective beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign in accordance of the Project Operational Manual (POM) and in compliance with provided communication and donor visibility (JSDF and World Bank) guidelines.
PR Consultant will provide guidelines on strategies for an effective PR for the project (targeted to poor and vulnerable) , provide support in the implementation of effective project PR and communication during the the Project activities, support in organization of relevant events, ensure timely update of the website and social media posts, cooperate with mass media representatives and NGOs.
- To implement beneficiary outreach campaign (townhall and community meetings, information sessions, communication with project target beneficiaries, etc.), the PR Consultant will:
- Prepare a Project PR &Communication plan with suggestions related to project publications (a leaflet on social case management issues, a leaflet on beneficiaries’ entrepreneurship support, 5 local (marz) media publications, 2 articles for project website (blog), 3 public service announcements, etc.) and communication activities to raise public awareness on Project activities (including at least 10 project website news publications on organized information sessions, townhall and community meetings, etc.) and to support smooth implementation of the project, including facilitation of the experience sharing and promotion of best practices among the Project sub-grant program beneficiaries. The plan should include a detailed list of tasks, duration and frequency of such tasks and assigned responsibilities, as well as protocol for response to messages received through Project website and social media pages in compliance with the beneficiary grievance redress mechanism,
- Carry out on-going content development (announcements for project activities, blog articles, update of video gallery, photos, etc.) and technical administration of the Project website and pages in social media networks (Facebook and Instagram), as well as follow-up with the messages received through these communication channels,
- Participate and support in the organization of beneficiary outreach campaign (50 townhall and community meetings, 5 information sessions, communication with project target beneficiaries, etc.),
- Cooperate with the IT company outsourced for the development and technical maintenance of the Project website, to carry out website testing/improvement and adjustment (bug fixing) activities,
- Train and support Project assistant to work with website and social media networks (Facebook and Instagram) administration tools.
- To implement policy-level and project implementation communication campaign (conferences, round-table discussions, closing event, cooperation with mass media, etc.) the PR Consultant will:
- Participate in planning and support in organization of the policy-level and project implementation communication campaign events (conferences, round-table discussions, dissemination of the methodological materials agreed with the MLSA and WB, closing event, etc.).
- Provide PR coverage of the Capacity building and entrepreneurship support component of the project (at least 5 publications on BMS trainings, 5 publications on sub-grant evaluation process, 10 success stories on sub-grant project implementation and 7 publications on trade fair exhibitions presented by the Project website and/or mass media).
- Provide PR coverage of the policy-level and project implementation communication campaign events (at least 15 publications by the Project website and/or mass media), organize at least 3 press-conferences and preparation of relevant press-releases;
- To implement administrative functions related to project beneficiary outreach and public campaign the PR Consultant will:
- Participate and contribute in preparation of technical specifications (ToRs, other procurement-related documents) and identify qualified suppliers related to the beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign (participate in evaluation committees as appropriate);
- Develop regular (monthly) reports and updates on beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign, contribute in the preparation of the quarterly progress reports,
- Ensure the strict provision of communication and donor visibility (JSDF and World Bank) guidelines and collaboration with the WB CO Communication team,
- Carry out regular visits to Project target sites as per beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign needs (at least 50 visits will be implemented),
- Provide verbal or written presentations on the Project (as per project needs)
- Participate in regular implementation support missions undertaken by the World Bank;
- Perform administrative duties related to the Project communication (as per project needs)
- Carry out other duties as per need of the Project.
The PR Consultant should satisfy the following qualifications and requirements
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations (PR) or a related field;
- At least 3 years of working experience related to the PR,
- Good understanding of the mass media sector of Armenia,
- Capability and proven experience in drafting messages in various formats (articles, press releases, websites, success stories, blog entries, FB posts, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences,
- Experience in social media management,
- Experience of PR activities with international organizations and/or projects (is an advantage),
- Experience of PR activities in the social sector, especially to audience that include poor and vulnerable families or individuals,
- High motivation to be involved in the implementation of the Project, ability to work effectively as a team player in a dynamic environment,
- Flexibility to travel in Project target marzes,
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian, working level knowledge of English (verbal/writing),
- Good computer and ICT skills (web site administration, social media, multimedia, etc.).
The project is expected to help increase access to social assistance benefits and services and provide self-employment support to about 11,000 vulnerable members of society in urban and rural communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. The Project grant was received under the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) which is financed by the Government of Japan.
The project has been designed by the World Bank in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Armenia and will be implemented by the Association of Social Workers– a non-governmental, not-for-profit national professional representative body of social workers in Armenia. The JSDF was established by the Government of Japan and the World Bank as a mechanism to provide direct assistance to the poorest and most vulnerable groups in eligible World Bank countries. The aim is to enhance their capacities, strengthen their empowerment and participation in society and economic life.
All interested candidates meeting the above-listed requirements are requested to submit their letters of interest and CVs to the e-mail address below until May 7, 2021.
Please clearly indicate the title of the position (Consultant on Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign) in the subject line of the e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR GREETING
Youth Empowerment Workshops
Awareness Campaign in Schools