Call for Social Work Trainers
Consultant for implementation of the Training Workshops for social workers, including on the-job training (coaching)
The “Armenian Association of Social Workers” non-governmental organization (hereafter AASW) announces a competition for the selection of the Consultant for implementation of the Training
(Training Workshops for social workers, SW’s on the-job training/coaching) assignment within the framework of the “Promoting Social Inclusion and Self-Reliant Livelihood Activities in Armenia” Project (hereinafter Project).
The main objective of this consultancy is to strengthen the capacities of social workers/case managers in Lori, Shirak, Kotayq, Armavir and Ararat marzes through delivery of trainings/workshops and on-the-job training (coaching) on effective implementation of social case management to 200 social workers from the newly established Unified Social Service Agencies.
Scope of Work
Under the Supervision of the representative of the Project Implementing Agency (Project Component-1 Coordinator) the Consultant for Implementation of the Social Work (SW) Training (Training Workshops for social workers, SW’s on-the-job training/coaching), hereinafter the Consultant will:
THE CONSULTANT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Delivery of trainings (workshops, seminars) for social workers in Project marzes;
- Delivery of on-the-job training (coaching) sessions for social workers in Project marzes
Under the Delivery of trainings, the Consultant (trainer) shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Participate in ToT delivered by the Project International Consultants
- Prepare and propose training delivery methods/approaches including excersises, mock plays, case studies, etc.
- Conduct two-day training workshops (3) for state and community social workers in project target each marzes in accordance with training materials and instructions provided during the training of trainers (ToT)
- Develop training reports in accordane with provided guide
Under the Delivery of on-the-job training (coaching) sessions, the Consultant (coacher) shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide individual and group coaching support to local social workers/case managers on
- Filing of cases (including application of MIS)
- Social Work techniques (in-depth needs assessment, motivational interview, home visit, mapping, etc.)
- Work with resisting clients
- Resource mobilization
- Communication with clients on activation, empowerement, community mobilization and inclusion
- Help to develop and improve social work skills on:
- Effective Communication
- Critical thinking to be able to analyze information gathered from unbiased observation and communication.
- Active listening
- Deliver monthly supervision meetings with local social service workforce in relevant communities on
- Collaborative social work practice
- Self-care and prevention of professional burnout
- Develop monthly reports on challenges as well as the provided support on SW empowerement skills, working environment, working culture, referrals and case filing, etc.
Task Implementation Duration
1. Delivery of trainings (workshops, seminars) for social workers in Project marzes
Report on implementation of the training activities and signed time sheets
Within 12 months after the signing the Contract
2. Delivery of on-the-job training (coaching) sessions for social workers in Project marzes
Report on implementation of the on-the-job training (coaching) sessions and signed time sheets
Within 18 months after the signing the Contract
The training and coaching working language is Armenian. The training and coaching activities will be organized in Project marzes. The training/coaching venues and dates will be specified by PIA, the transportation and other travel related costs will be covered by the Project. The Consultant may be asked by PIA to run training/coaching sessions via virtual on-line platforms. The Consultant will be paid in accordance with the number of working days according to the Contract.
The Consultant shall fulfil the following qualifications and skills:
- Higher professional education in Social Work
- At least 3 years of proven experience as social work coach/supervisor (reference letters will is an asset);
- At least 5 years of proven experience in the field of social work (activation, inclusion and child poverty)
- At least 3 years of experience to deliver trainings for social workers
- Solid knowledge of RA Social Protection System
- Knowledge of English (is an asset)
- Very good communication, presentation and facilitation skills, as well as team work skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
The project is expected to help increase access to social assistance benefits and services and provide self-employment support to about 11,000 vulnerable members of society in urban and rural communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. The Project grant was received under the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) which is financed by the Government of Japan.
The project has been designed by the World Bank in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Armenia and will be implemented by the Association of Social Workers– a non-governmental, not-for-profit national professional representative body of social workers in Armenia. The JSDF was established by the Government of Japan and the World Bank as a mechanism to provide direct assistance to the poorest and most vulnerable groups in eligible World Bank countries. The aim is to enhance their capacities, strengthen their empowerment and participation in society and economic life.
All interested candidates meeting the above-listed requirements are requested to submit their letters of interest and CVs to the e-mail address below until July 29, 2021.
Please clearly indicate the title of the position (Methodological document for social case management intervention) in the subject line of the e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR GREETING
Youth Empowerment Workshops
Awareness Campaign in Schools